The Beer Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
~ The Beer Forum is now Public Access!
~ You're opinion means more to us than you could possible know!
~ Craft Beers are the next step for the beer forum! Look for them soon!

3 posters

We Need Your Ideas!!

Gig

We Need Your Ideas!! Empty We Need Your Ideas!!

Post by Gig Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:25 pm

Hey All,

We are starting up a site and we need your ideas!

The theme and information of the site is obvious from the name of this forum, but we would like your input of what YOU would like to get from a site all about beer.

Now, I know that you may be thinking that there are other beer sites, what is so special about us? This question has a very simple answer. This site is being made for you! Most of the other sites don't cater to all needs that the users require, this is why they are starting to lose a lot of activity. But thebeerforum staff are wanting to look after you, and YOUR needs.

What the site is going to include so far is the following;
    • Information on all beers; including history and brewery, etc.
    • Tasting Notes from a select panel of beer enthusiasts
    • The Ability to give your own tasting notes

Obviously this is not enough for all of you users out there, so, give us a hint of what would keep someone like you entertained, push us in the right direction. No comment is greater than another.

Pour another one,
    Gig

Last edited by Gig on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BlondeLa

We Need Your Ideas!! Empty Re: We Need Your Ideas!!

Post by BlondeLa Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:28 pm

What I'd like to see in the tasting section is maybe a rating.... like little pictures of beers. For example, four out of five beers, kinda thing depending on how good they believe the beer tastes. If not from the official tasters but from people giving their own tasting notes...
    Maybe even have more then one kind of rating like get people to rate how bitter the beer is, or how smooth it goes down or whether the after taste is good and so on. This way if people cant think of the terms to use they can be given through their choice in rating.

Also, maybe, on like the homepage, have surveys on beers. Have a list of five beers to chose from so people will have something to interact with on the site. Or get visits/people to list their top five beers that they like to drink.

Hope this helps
    Smile
    zant

Post by zant Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:57 am

I'd like to see pictures of the beers you are tasting. It would be good to have a basic check list to read next to the photo, like the style, colour, country of origin. An over all rating from the reviewer and one grading from the average of all members to see if the reviewer know what thier talking about. Maybe a bit of back ground on why you chose that particular beer (you saw it and liked the lable or some one said give it a go). What the weather was like, as we all know that certain beer styles taste better at different times of the year due to exturnal temperatures. It would also be helpfull to know what you were wearing at the time. I'd also like to know if you drank it from a glass or straight from the vessel it was purchased in.
    Gig

Post by Gig Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:50 pm

zant wrote:I'd like to see pictures of the beers you are tasting. It would be good to have a basic check list to read next to the photo, like the style, colour, country of origin. An over all rating from the reviewer and one grading from the average of all members to see if the reviewer know what thier talking about. Maybe a bit of back ground on why you chose that particular beer (you saw it and liked the lable or some one said give it a go). What the weather was like, as we all know that certain beer styles taste better at different times of the year due to exturnal temperatures. It would also be helpfull to know what you were wearing at the time. I'd also like to know if you drank it from a glass or straight from the vessel it was purchased in.

Ahh, yes. One thing that I did forget; linking the tasting notes to the beer information. The problem with having the pictures, and all the information on the same page as the tasting notes is the permissions. So, because of this, we need to keep the information and the tasting notes separate. However, I do agree that they do need to be linked.

After we have cleaned up the boards, we will put that as a priority.

The tasting note information is really up to the users that post it. We can't force members to post up information that they may not remember, or feel is necessary. And, I think that clothes may be a little over the top. Laughing But I may be the only one that thinks that, you never know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:01 am